As organisations are pivoting and seeking to adapt to a new normal, many leaders are looking for a silver bullet.
The Cultural BluePrint™ is a tool that helps you understand and develop your culture to achieve that balance of tasks, people and ethics. There are five key areas where organisational culture impacts how employees engage, interact and perform within a company:
1. CONFIDENCE: Does your organisation encourage employees to approach tasks with a sense of efficacy and resilience?
2. ACHIEVEMENT: Does your organisation encourage members to move toward goals by being focused, proactive, and innovative?
3. CHARACTER: Does your organisation encourage employees to balance task accomplishment with the need to engage others utilising integrity and transparency?
4. RELATIONSHIPS: Does your organisation encourage employees to work well with others through teamwork, mentoring, and sense of regard for all employees, regardless of position?
5. PURPOSE: Does your organisation enable employees to find a higher purpose and connect meaning to the work they do?
Employees may come to a company with their own personal beliefs that either liberate or limit their performance. But the shared beliefs within a company create a powerful force that can change how employees approach their work and colleagues. These beliefs are established by leadership but are commonly “driven home” by the day-to-day interactions employees have with their managers.
As a leader, you can reinforce all five key areas of culture through the Mindsetting Strategies of: Connect the Dots – let people know why; Energise Action – coach your staff to success; and Nurture Growth – be a role model in challenging assumptions to achieve better results.